The Board of Executive Protection Professionals (BEPP) has initiated the development process of a security standard for executive protection.
The BEPP will develop the standard through the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), titling the initiative "Standards for Providing Executive Protection." The standard will explore best practices for executive protection and corporate security.
The BEPP is comprised of 16 executive protection experts with decades of experience in international protective services. Members include former FBI agents, military veterans, lawyers and security leaders.
ANSI aims to facilitate the approval of national standards across industries. Once the executive protection standard is peer-reviewed, it will be submitted to ANSI for approval.
Some additional ANSI standards for providing executive protection that the BEPP has initiated include:
- Security operations center (local and global) for executive protection operations
- Safe and secure motor vehicle transportation for executive protection operations
- Technical surveillance countermeasures (TSCM) during executive protection operations
- Cybersecurity awareness and systems for executive protection operations
- Vulnerability risk and threat assessment for executive protection operations