Launching in January 2021, the International Foundation for Protection Officers (IFPO) will host a series of monthly webinars on a series of topics relevant to today’s front-line security practitioners. Designed for those in officer and supervisory roles, these webinars will provide information on a variety of topics designed to give security officers the tools to increase effectiveness, build their skill set and help with their security career. Each session will be 30 minutes, the third Wednesday of each month, at 10 a.m. Eastern Time.
Topics will include:
- Jan 20: The challenges and opportunities of providing security during Covid-19
- Feb 17: Careers in Security Part 1
- March 17: Careers Part 2
- April 21: Careers Part 3
- May 19: Dealing with Violence (research findings)
- June 16: Staying Motivated
- July 21: How to get paid more
- Aug 18: IFPO Research Findings on Security Officer Tasks and their Complexity
- Sept 15: Training to fill skills gaps
- Oct 20: Ask a Panelist Session
- Nov 17: Train the Security Trainer
- Dec 15: Situational Awareness with Don Muldoon
These sessions will also provide re-certification credit for CPO and CSSM certificate holders. Attendees must register ahead of time.