Operating globally, the International Foundation for Protection Officers (IFPO) has members in 68 countries. To further develop its commitment to the UK, IFPO has appointed an Advisory Board to serve existing members, promote individual and corporate membership and promote its range of educational and certification offerings.
The Advisory Board will be led by Mike Hurst CPP MSyI, whose previous volunteer experience includes 10 years as co Vice Chair of the ASIS International UK Chapter and six years as a main Board Director of The Security Institute. He is currently on the Board of The Security Commonwealth and The BSI GW/3 Committee.
Currently, the IFPO UK Advisory Board consists of:
- Rollo Davies MSyI M.ISRM, Editor of The Professional Security Officer Magazine
- Yolanda Hamblen, Account Director at DS Security Operations
- Nicholas Reed ASMS, MSc, MSyI, Head of Protective Services for a large NHS Trust and a Director of The National Association for Healthcare Security
- Dr Peter Stiernstedt CPP CISM, a Lecturer in Criminology at the University of West London
- Jackie Walker MCIA, Dip(AML), PSP, CPP, MSyI, CSMP, F.ISMI, an experienced CSO with global experience
- Brian Sims BA (Hons) Hon FSyI, Editor of Security Matters Magazine
- Jayne King FSyI, ASMS, PgDip Head of Security and Site Services at Guy’s & St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust and Chair of the National Association of Healthcare Security
“The Advisory Board will play a vital role in developing IFPO UK in the months and years ahead. We were keen to have security professionals with a wide range of experiences and we hope to make a few more key appointments” said Hurst.
The International Foundation for Protection Officers is committed to the support and professional development of protection/security officers and supervisors. Through advocacy, promoting training standards, and providing accessible training, education and certification opportunities, we seek to enhance their professional standing as well as increase and diversify the value of the vital services they provide.”
To coincide with the announcement, the IFPO has also launched a new UK website.
For more information, please contact Mike Hurst: email@example.com