The Chemical Security Summit will be hosted by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) in collaboration with the Chemical Sector Coordinating Council (SCC). The summit is the signature industry event for chemical representatives across the chemical and interconnected sectors—including energy, communications, transportation, and water—to learn, share perspectives, and engage in dialogue. Securing chemicals in an evolving threat environment requires cross collaboration between facility owners and operators, industry, law enforcement, community members, and all levels of government.
The virtual 2020 Chemical Security Seminars — to be held on December 2, 9, and 16, 2020, from 11 am to 3 pm ET (8 am to 12 pm PT) — will feature important chemical security information for industry organizations, facility owners and operators, government officials, first responders, and law enforcement. Sessions will discuss and share the latest in chemical security best practices, including:
- The state of chemical security—updates for the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) program and ongoing nonregulatory chemical security efforts
- A demonstration of the CFATS Personnel Surety Program application
- A deep dive into the 18 CFATS Risk-Based Performance Standards (RBPS) and best practices
- A chemical threat briefing
- Managing chemical security during natural disasters: hurricanes, wildfires, floods, and pandemics
- Challenges encountered with chemical security during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Growing a global culture of chemical security
- The convergence of cyber and physical security
View the agenda for the 2020 Chemical Security Seminars.
Please register for the Chemical Security Seminar no later than December 1, 2020. There is no cost to attend this event.