Participants will examine the latest principles and requirements to prepare for and respond to a radiological emergency as well as develop the skills necessary to effectively communicate with the media and public during crisis situations.
- Apply the basic principles and requirements for a comprehensive radiation emergency plan
- Comply with changes in roles and responsibilities in support of the Homeland Security effort
- Employ a decision-making matrix to assist in state and local reaction plans for a radiological emergency
- Incorporate lessons learned regarding communications into your emergency response plan
- Understand the need for, and application of, protective action guides in emergency planning
- Medically manage the casualties of a radiological incident without significant increase in risk to first responder and first receiver staff