Cybersecurity Index Shows the Most Exposed Countries
A new Cybersecurity Exposure Index (CEI) reveals which countries are the most and least exposed to cybercrime.
Which countries are most exposed? According to the Index:
- From end-point and cloud cyberattacks to the level of commitment to cybersecurity, the research ranks 108 countries from 0-1 (low-high exposure) across Europe, America, Asia-Pacific, and Africa.
- Afghanistan is the most exposed country, followed by Myanmar, Ethiopia, Palestine and Venezuela.
- Africa has the highest exposure score per country.
- Finland is the least exposed country, followed by Denmark, Luxembourg, Australia and Estonia.
- Europe has the lowest exposure score per country.
- Data Format: Embeddable interactive map for the world and each continent.
With exposure defined as the fact of experiencing or being affected by something, PasswordManagers.co compiled data of five of the most significant types of end-point and cloud cyberattacks alongside the level of cybersecurity commitment across 108 countries to accurately assess each countries exposure to cybercrime.
The Index also provides an exposure classification scale (very high, high, moderate, low, very low).
The Least Exposed Countries, according to the Index:
According to the Index:
- Europe has the lowest exposure score per country (0.329).
- 70.73% of European countries are classified in the low and very low exposure groups.
- Europe accounts for 67.44% of low and very low exposure countries globally.
- 66.67% of North American countries are classified in the moderate, low and very low exposure groups.
- Asia-Pacific accounts for 60% of very high exposure countries globally.
- Combined, Asia-Pacific accounts for 40% of high and very high exposure countries globally.
- 43.75% of Asia-Pacific countries are classified in the high and very high exposure groups.
- 40% of South American countries are classified in the high and very high exposure groups.
- South America has the highest proportion of countries classified in the moderate exposure group (50%).
- Africa has the highest exposure score per country (0.643).
- 75% of African countries are classified in the high and very high exposure groups.
Josh Frisby, founder of PasswordManagers.co said: “Cybersecurity is imperative to secure digital infrastructures, devices, and identities, and while some countries may be more exposed than others, the commitment to protect against cybercrime should dominate the priorities of every organization and individual. Depending on where you reside, you may be more or less exposed to cybercrime but, by taking the appropriate steps, such as using a password manager to securely store your credentials, browsing the web via a VPN when using unsecured public Wi-Fi, and employing security software, you substantially increase your protection against cyberattacks.”