FEMA announced $10 million in competitive awards for its Fiscal Year (FY) 2019 Regional Catastrophic Preparedness Grant Program (RCPGP) to eight local governments to assist in developing innovative regional solutions to issues related to catastrophic incidents.
"The grant program plays an important role in the implementation of the National Preparedness System by supporting the building of core capabilities essential to achieving the National Preparedness Goal of a secure and resilient nation," says the press release.
FY19 RCPGP Award Recipients:
- $1,406,550 San Francisco, California
- $1,138,790 District of Columbia
- $1,401,975 Jacksonville, Florida
- $937,700 Baltimore, Maryland
- $1,406,550 Boston, Massachusetts
- $1,073,481 El Paso, Texas
- $1,230,748 Houston, Texas
- $1,404,206 Snohomish County, Washington
“The devastating disasters of 2017 and 2018 demonstrate that our nation continues to face events that are catastrophic in scope and scale,” said Dr. Daniel Kaniewski, FEMA’s Deputy Administrator for Resilience. “Through this grant program, FEMA will work with our partners to prepare for these catastrophic disasters and make our nation more resilient.”