Poll Says Registered Voters Want AR-15 Ban
Most registered voters favor banning the type of semi-automatic weapon used to kill 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla.
The Harvard-Harris February survey was conducted among 1,934 registered voters from Feb.16-19.
Sixty-one percent of voters said that the AR-15 should be banned from purchase, compared to 39 percent who said adults who pass background checks should be allowed to buy them.
Most voters -- 57 percent -- also believed that mental health issues, rather than gun control, were a driving force behind mass shootings. The remaining 43 percent said that it was lack of gun control.