Two people who claim they were attacked in a U.S. Cellular Field parking lot after a baseball game last year have filed a lawsuit against the Chicago White Sox, claiming the lot did not have proper security.
Kenneth and Michelle Budka filed the lawsuit in Cook County Circuit Court, reported the Chicago Sun Times. They are seeking at least $100,000 in damages.
After the White Sox game July 19, 2014, the couple was returning to their car in Lot #277 and came upon three men urinating on their vehicle, according to the lawsuit. When Kenneth Budka approached the men, he and Michelle Budka were “violently attacked, beaten, punched and kicked” by the men, the suit claims.
The couple did not receive assistance or intervention from security guards, the Sun Times said.
The White Sox and the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority were responsible for providing security and supervision of the parking lots, so that customers would be safe before and after the games, the Sun Times reported. The organizations, both of which are also named as defendants, failed to provide reasonably trained security personnel to prevent or stop attacks on White Sox customers, the suit said.
A representative from the White Sox said the club does not respond publicly to active litigation.