SIA Announces Focus Areas for SIA Government Summit
The Security Industry Association announced the topics of its panels for the upcoming SIA Government Summit, to be held June 8-10, 2015, at the W Hotel in Washington, D.C.
June 8, Preconference Session
- General Services Administration (GSA) Contracting and the Security Industry
In this session, government security experts, GSA staff and security industry pros examine the latest in procurement practices, policy changes and regulatory proposals, discussing issues ranging from basic to complex:
- Preview essential contracting trends for manufacturers, integrators and participating dealers.
- Assess Schedules 84 and 70 technical and procurement changes in 2015.
- Discuss how to preserve "best value" government procurement.
June 9-10, Conference Sessions
- Securing the Electric Grid: How Utilities Will Meet the New Federal Standard for Physical Security
In this session, representatives from the security and electric power industries discuss what to expect as key federal compliance requirements in 2015 drive physical security upgrades at critical substations and control centers throughout the United States.
- Keeping Air Travelers Safe: Rapid Growth in Airport Security Improvements and Financing Needs
In this session, aviation sector experts discuss the growing need for airport security improvements – including perimeter security – as well as evolving trends affecting sources of funding.
- Safe Schools: How School Districts Fund and Implement Security Improvements
This session investigates how schools are overcoming financial and other hurdles to implementing security and emergency response improvements – and the types of technology new being sought by education leaders to meet these needs.
- The Convergence of Cyber and Physical Security: Implications for Federal Agencies
This session examines the growing merger between cyber and physical security and how federal agencies are assessing cyber risk to building access control and surveillance systems.
- Law Enforcement Technology Trends: Body-Worn Cameras and Integrated Video for Public Safety
This session provides an update one of today's hottest topics – the use of body-worn cameras among law enforcement agencies – as well as the growing use of public-private video integration for public safety and the security industry response to meet end-user needs in these areas.
- Smart Buildings: Integrating Security, Safety and Automation Technology for Government Facilities
This session discusses the trend in funding for creating “smart buildings,” and how security projects are included within larger investments in smart building technology.
Registration is open for the SIA Government Summit at www.securityindustry.org/summit. Save $200 with early bird registration through March 31. Special hotel rates at the W Hotel are available through May 8.