RI Family Sues Hotel Over CO Poisoning
A Barrington, Rhode Island family is reportedly suing a West Virginia hotel after a case of carbon monoxide poisoning that left one person dead and another seriously injured.
The Charleston Daily Mail reports that Bain Edmondson and his wife Dawn have filed a lawsuit against the Holiday Inn Express in Charleston, West Virginia.
Edmondson was found unconscious in his hotel room back in January, after his room filled with carbon monoxide from a malfunctioning pool heater in the hotel. He survived, but now claims he suffered neuronal cell death, cognitive impairment, and damage to his heart and lungs.
The lawsuit seeks medical expenses and unspecified damages.
Another man who was sharing a room with Edmondson, William Moran, died of carbon monoxide poisoning. According to the report, Moran's widow filed her own suit against the hotel last month.