Eight high school teams are making final preparations for the CyberPatriot II Championships in Orlando on Feb. 19, in conjunction with the Air Force Association’s Air Warfare Symposium.
CyberPatriot II began with a simultaneous opening round Nov. 7. Nearly 200 high schools from 41 states and Japan competed over the Internet using specialized software. Over two competitive weekends, that group was narrowed to 36 teams for the Medalist Flight competition on Nov. 21, out of which emerged these final eight teams:
- CAP Willie Comp Sq 304, Mesa, AZ
- CAP Beach Cities Cadet Squadron 107, Torrance, CA (Top Scorer)
- FL-952 F.W. Springstead HS, Spring Hill, FL
- CAP Burlington Comp Squadron, Burlington, NC
- CAP Seacoast Composite Squadron, Portsmouth, NH AFJROTC NY-095 Newburgh Free Academy, Newburgh, NY
- AFJROTC NY-20031 Rome Free Academy, Rome, NY
- AFJROTC UT-081 Clearfield HS, Clearfield, UT
They will receive an all-expenses-paid trip to Orlando for the competition at the Rosen Shingle Creek Convention Center, which coincides with AFA’s Air Warfare Technology Exposition. The eight teams will compete in a complicated series of live challenges against a “Red Team” opponent that will actively counter their defense strategies, at the same time indirectly competing against each other. In a race against the clock, they will have no more than six hours to find and correct vulnerabilities in a complex, three-operating-system virtual network made possible by Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC).
For more information, visit www.afa.org