ASIS International, the preeminent organization for security professionals worldwide, is launching ASIS Accolades, an awards competition that will recognize the security industry’s most innovative new products, services and/or solutions. For the first time, ASIS is inviting exhibitors at the ASIS International 55th Annual Seminar and Exhibits (ASIS 2009) to submit technology, product or service solutions for evaluation and judging. ASIS 2009, the security industry’s leading event, will be held Sept. 21-24 at the
ASIS Accolades categories are solutions oriented, not product specific. The categories are:
• Technology or Service Innovation—a new or groundbreaking advancement in a security technology, service or combination of products and/or services.
• Security Management Tool—a unique software or hardware solution designed to make the performance of a security team or device more efficient and/or effective.
• Transformational Product or Service—taking an existing consumer technology or service and changing it completely in function and purpose, for use in an innovative security application. Examples of transformational products include iPhone and the IBOT Mobility System.
• “Green” Security Technology—an eco-friendly security technology that inflicts little harm on the environment, either by its materials, components, processes or how it’s transported, and/or its environmental benefits such as use of energy and materials.
• Use of Integration—combining multiple technologies (three or more) to achieve an innovative, fully integrated security solution.
• Unique Approach to Security—a one-of-a-kind or “out of the box” approach to dealing with and solving any type of security operations or management challenge.
• “Coolest” Stuff—a security device or technique that sets itself apart as breakthrough or inventive as compared to similar products or techniques—something that, not so long ago, was yet to be imagined.
A team of five judges representing end users and experts in security technologies will evaluate all entries and select up to 10 winners. The judges’ decisions will be final. Winners will be announced in early September.