The NCS⁴ hosts an annual National Sports Safety and Security Conference & Exhibition to educate top safety and security professionals on current practices, technologies, products, services, and future strategies to safeguard assets and spectators. The 2021 conference will be held in Phoenix from November 9-10, 2021 at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge.
The event attracts more than 450 attendees each year. Participants include sports venue and event operators, managers, security and safety staff, first responders, and law enforcement from professional sports and entertainment facilities, intercollegiate athletics, interscholastic athletics, and marathon and endurance events.
This year's two-day conference is packed with sessions, keynotes, technology showcases and networking opportunities.
The keynotes to kick off the opening general session will be Mark Campana, Live Nation Concerts’ Chief Operating Officer Campana will inform attendees about “The Changing Entertainment Landscape.”
“The entertainment industry has adapted over the years to provide fans with better environments to enjoy a show, and it has been challenged to even a greater level over the past few years in that regard,” said Campana. “I look forward to delving into recent advancements in event management and what may be on the horizon.”
Here are some highlighted sessions at this year's event:
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: A New Lens on Safety and Security in Your Organization
- Negligent Security Litigation - Preparing for the Unexpected
- Integrating Cyber and Physical Security: An NFL Perspective
- Breaking Barriers: The New Technologies Transforming Event and Venue Safety
- Communicating in a Crisis: Are You Ready?
- Enhancing Levels of Awareness through Exceptional Focus, Performance, and Control in Extreme Situations
- Intro to Crisis Intervention and De-Escalation Tactics
- Thought Provoking Security Program Continuity Considerations: Development, Evolution, and Continuum
- DHS SAFETY Act: Lessons Learned From the Evolving Landscape
- If You Build It, They Will Come: Best Practices for Managing Security Projects and Stakeholder Relationships
For more information or to register, click here.