SIA Launches New Conference for Young Professionals in the Security Industry
he Security Industry Association (SIA) has announced AcceleRISE, a new conference for tomorrow’s security leaders featuring top-quality idea sharing, coaching, business skills development, networking and inspiration. AcceleRISE 2019 will be held Aug. 14-16 at the Radisson Blu Minneapolis Downtown in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
AcceleRISE – hosted by SIA’s RISE community for young professionals and those new to the industry – will present blended learning sessions featuring a mix of keynotes, panel sessions, team building exercises, peer networking and workshops.
“Finding and keeping qualified talent is the number-one issue facing SIA members and the industry. As part of SIA’s comprehensive workforce development plan, employers will find that AcceleRISE is a smart business investment,” said Don Erickson, CEO of SIA. “AcceleRISE will provide young security professionals with a compelling learning experience, ignite new thinking, strengthen leadership skills, sharpen business acumen and ultimately propel attendees forward as stronger contributors to their employers’ success.”
- Gain insight into leadership, business and soft skills development to become more productive
- Develop a unique understanding of emerging security trends and the potential impact on each component of the security ecosystem
- Understand the principles of critical thinking and their applications to various work situations in a professional environment
- Learn from the experience of accomplished security professionals in various practice settings to offer concrete examples of career paths in the security sphere
“SIA has long been at the forefront of promoting career growth among young professionals within the security industry. From specialized educational sessions at ISC West to networking events across the country to RISE itself, SIA has numerous ways for millennials and young security professionals to get involved and learn the tools needed to evolve their careers,” said Brendan McFall, technical project manager at Northland Controls and past chair of the RISE steering committee. “I’m thrilled that SIA is putting on the industry’s first conference intended for young professionals! This has long been a void within the industry, and I’m excited for SIA to fill it with AcceleRISE.”
Topics addressed at the conference will include:
- Introduction to the Security Industry Ecosystem
- Project and Time Management
- Finance for the Non-Finance Manager
- Understanding Game Changers
- Inspiring Yourself to Innovate
Additional conference highlights will include a networking reception with industry leaders, group exercises and team building activities.
SIA has issued a call for speaker proposals for AcceleRISE; submissions are due Thursday, March 7. Learn more and submit a proposal here.