The Security Industry Association (SIA) announced on March 8 that it was establishing a Women in Security Forum to support the participation of women in the security industry. According to SIA, “through programs, professional development and networking events, the committee will engage members, both men and women, who share this goal.”
Potential goals for the forum include:
- Create mentorship/sponsorship programs to advocate for advancement and build confidence in the workplace.
- Connect women in the industry through networking events.
- Develop a recruiting program for next generation female professionals and leaders.
- Initiate an ongoing dialogue between male and female leaders to enhance mutual understanding.
- Identify platforms that can provide visibility for women.
- Spearhead an issue that will create opportunities for women to work together and be at the forefront of a major initiative.
For more information, see the SIA news release here.