The Security Industry Association (SIA) is accepting applications for the 2023 SIA Women in Security Forum (WISF) Scholarship, an initiative led by the SIA Women in Security Forum. The 2023 program will offer multiple scholarships worth $7,500 each that SIA members and students can use toward professional development and education.
SIA’s Women in Security Forum is a community for both women and men that works to promote, recruit and cultivate the leadership of women for a more inclusive and diversified industry. The WISF Scholarship program was created to further educational opportunities for the widest spectrum of people and empower all to join the SIA Women in Security Forum and thrive in the security industry.
Scholarship funds may be used toward:
- Registration for SIA education or certification programs and/or conferences
- Repayment of student loan debt
- Registration for other industry education and certification programs
- Tuition for courses that will lead to completion of accredited trade, vocational or academic degree programs related to the security industry
- Registration for industry online learning programs
In 2022, SIA awarded $70,000 in scholarships through the WISF Scholarship program to SIA members and student members across the industry.
This program is made possible by donations of SIA members and SIA member companies.
SIA also thanks media affiliates SDM, among others, for their support.
Each applicant for the SIA Women in Security Forum Scholarship must be either 1) a SIA student member or 2) a member of the SIA Women in Security Forum and an employee of a SIA member company. Applications for the 2023 SIA Women in Security Forum Scholarship must be submitted by Friday, Aug. 18, and winners will be announced in September.