What are the top money making certifications for 2015?
Based on the findings of the 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey conducted by Global Knowledge and Windows IT Pro in the fall of 2014, John Hales
compiled a list. According to Hales, certifications in IT security, networking, and systems management are at the top of the certification pay scale. Hales says "The rankings are derived from certifications that received the minimum number of responses to be statistically relevant. Certain certifications pay more but are not represented due to their exclusive nature. Examples include Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert (CCIE) and VMware Certified Design Expert (VCDX)."
According to Hales, the list includes:
1. Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
2. Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
3. Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
4. Project Management Professional (PMP®)
5. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
6. Certified ScrumMaster
7. Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA)
9. Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing and Switching
10. Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate - Junos (JNCIA-Junos)
11. Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
12. ITIL v3 Foundation
13. Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
14. VMware Certified Professional - Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV)
15. Certified Novell Engineer (CNE)
Of this year's top-paying certifications, says Hale:
- Five are in security (1, 2, 3, 5, and 13).
- Three are in business (4, 6, and 12).
- Three are in networking (7, 9, and 10)