A Lafourche, La. Parish lawmaker wants sex offenders who attend or work at public universities to also register with campus law-enforcement agencies.

Under Louisiana law, sex offenders only have to register with the chief of police, if applicable; and the sheriffs of the parishes where they work and/or attend school. However, Rep. Truck Gisclair, D-Larose, wants "a sex offender who is an employee or student of an institution of postsecondary education to register with the campus law-enforcement agency of the institution.”

"Modern campuses are changing," Rep. Truck Gisclair said. "There are charter schools and lab schools now. Plus day cares. That means minors are on the same college campuses as adults."