To help keep New Jersey workers and the workplace safe during the coronavirus, the Governor of New Jersey Phil Murphy has issued an executive order with mandatory safety standards that private and public companies must adhere and comply to dealing with COVID-19 response.
The mandatory safety guidelines that must be enforced in the workplace include:
- All employees must undergo a health screening before every shift.
- All workers must wear a face mask. There are limited exceptions.
- Masks must be provided to workers by employers.
- Workers must keep at least 6 feet apart.
- Employers must notify workers if someone has been exposed to COVID-19.
- Sanitizing materials must be provided by the employer.
- Breaks for workers to wash their hands during the workday must be established.
- Cleaning and disinfect high-touch areas must occur daily.