Knightscope robots will now deliver COVID-19 public safety announcements at client locations.
“We are pleased to announce that our COVID-19 Public Safety Broadcast Announcements feature is now live and deployed in production,” said William Santana Li, chairman and CEO at Knightscope.
The over-the-air free upgrade includes the following broadcast messages that can be announced by the company's K1 Stationary, K3 Indoor, or K5 Outdoor Autonomous Security Robots (ASRs):
- “Please maintain a safe distance between you and other people - I recommend at least 6 feet.”
- “Thanks for joining me for a breath of fresh air. We don't have to remain indoors, but let's avoid being in close contact with other humans.”
- “Be sure to wipe down any surfaces you come into contact with. Please disinfect your hands with an alcohol-based sanitizer and avoid touching your face.”
- “Washing our hands is fun! Oh, wait.... I don't have any hands.”
- “If you are feeling ill, please refrain from entering this facility. Instead, please push the button on my head to speak with a human.”
- “Please refrain from physical contact, including shaking hands.”
- “Social distancing is in practice and required here.”
Knightscope says the announcements can be made when a person is detected, randomly, by time, by location or issued manually by a law enforcement officer or security professional utilizing the company's Knightscope Security Operations Center (KSOC).