ISPA recently recognized 41 security professionals who exceeded the standard of excellence in their careers and professional positions during 2018.
ISPA's mission is to advance the knowledge, professionalism and expertise of the private security industry and those involved at all levels. This is accomplished by offering continuing professional education programs and advanced level programming, in addition to strategically planned networking events.
This year's ISPA awardees represent a wide variety of security and first responders throughout Illinois. They are nominated by their colleagues.
2018 ISPA Award Recipients (Partial List)
- Lindberg Bell Security Executive of the Year: Christina Duffey, SOS Security
- Laurence P. Mulcrone Lifetime Achievement Award: Christopher Thornton, Allied Universal Security
- Line of Duty Award: Commander Paul Bauer, Chicago Police Department
- Law Enforcement Official of the Year Award: Superintendent Eddie Johnson, Chicago Police Department
- Law Enforcement Life Saving Award: Daniel Sala — Chicago Police Department, Nicholas Smith — Chicago Police Department
- Fire Life Safety Official of the Year: William Vogt, Chicago Fire Department
- Fire Life Safety Award of Valor: Carl Schultz — Naperville Fire Department, Frank Kaufmann — Chicago Fire Department
- Life Saving: Aid Kurtovic, Riccardo Eliacin, Elvis Kujukovic — all of Lutheran General Hospital, Carlos Panizo — Park Ridge Police Department, Shawn Avery — Securitas Security, Michael Malone — Titan Security Group
- Excellence in Public Service: Mayor Louis Presta — Village of Crestwood
- Mentorship Award: Keith Toms — Securitas Security Services USA
- Chairman's Award: Joshua Adler — SOS Security
See the complete list of the 2018 ISPA Awardees here.