A new study on the best airports for business travelers found that Las Vegas McCarren airport is the best in terms of transit accessibility, on-time arrival performance, overall quality satisfaction, parking rates and nearby hotels.
The study by TravelBank analyzed five factors that are important for road warriors:
1. On-time arrival performance – Data published by the Bureau of Transportation Statistics for the full year of 2017 from January 1st to December 31st that evaluates departure and arrival statistics by airport and airline, including frequency of delays and cancellations.
2. Airport transit – TravelBank analyzed four factors in order to score airport transit services to and from specific downtown locations. The four factors are: average public transport travel time, average drive time (also assessed using Google Maps), public transportation fare price, and the cost of pre-booked UberX rides.
3. Airport parking prices – TravelBank sourced parking rates from each airport’s website in Q4 2017.
4. Quality and service (J.D. Power Ratings) – Based on responses from 34,695 North American travelers, J.D. Power measures overall traveler satisfaction by examining six factors (in order of importance): terminal facilities; airport accessibility; security check; baggage claim; check-in/baggage check; food, beverage, and retail.
5. Average hotel price – Determined using proprietary data from new TravelBank Travelator tool that helps users book hotel rooms. The average price was calculated during Q1 2018 from the rates of hotels within a 15-mile vicinity of each airport.
Out of the 30 largest U.S. airports by passenger volume, here are the top 5 best and worst airports for business travel:
#1 Las Vegas McCarran International (LAS)
#2 Charlotte Douglas International (CLT)
#3 Phoenix Sky Harbor International (PHX)
#4 Salt Lake City International (SLC)
#5 San Diego International (SAN)
#1 New York LaGuardia (LGA)
#2 Newark Liberty International (EWR)
#3 New York John F. Kennedy International (JFK)
#4 San Francisco International (SFO)
#5 Los Angeles International (LAX)
The complete ranking is available at: https://travelbank.com/blog/news/best-worst-airports-for-business-travel/