ASIS International Announces 2014 Board of Directors
Richard E. Widup, CPP, will serve as President in 2014 of ASIS International. Widup will be the 59th President of ASIS, succeeding Geoffrey T. Craighead, CPP, who will become ASIS Chairman of the Board in 2014.
In their leadership positions, both Widup and Craighead will also serve on the Board Management Committee of the Board of Directors. The Board Management Committee directs the activities between meetings of the full Board. These volunteer leaders maintain the strategic continuity of the programs, products and service ASIS provides. The full 2014 ASIS Board Management Committee is comprised of five people:
• President: Richard E. Widup, CPP, Senior Director-Corporate Security, Purdue Pharma LP, Stamford, Ct.
• President-elect: Dave N. Tyson, CPP, Senior Director Global Information Security, Business Process and Technology, SC Johnson & Son, Inc., Racine, Wis.
• Treasurer: David C. Davis, CPP, Senior Manager, Northrup Grumman, San Bernardino, Ca.
• Secretary: Thomas J. Langer, CPP, Vice President Security, BAE Systems, Inc., Arlington, Va.
• Chairman of the Board: Geoffrey T. Craighead, CPP, Vice President, Universal Protection Service, Santa Ana, Ca.
The office of the Secretary was filled through an election by the Board of Directors on Sept. 24 at the ASIS International 59th Annual Seminar and Exhibits, held in Chicago, Ill.
Three new members were elected in August to serve on the Board of Directors, and will serve during the 2014-2016 term. They are:
• Christina Duffey, CPP, Vice President, Paragon Security, Toronto, Canada
• Godfried Hendriks, CPP, Managing Director and Consultant, GOING Consultancy BV, Netherlands
• Richard F. Lisko, CPP, Vice President and General Manager/South Texas Region, Allied Barton Services, Double Oak, Texas
The following board members will continue to serve on the 2014 ASIS Board of Directors:
• Deborah L. Allen, CPP, Director, Product Stewardship and Security, Potash Corporation, Northbrook, Ill.
• Darryl R. Branham, CPP, Senior Director, Security Systems, Travelers Insurance Company, St. Paul, Minn.
• Richard E. Chase, CPP, PCI, PSP, Chief Security Officer, General Atomics, San Diego, Ca.
• Joseph H. McDonald, CPP, PSP, Chief Security Officer, Switch Communications Group, Las Vegas, Nev.
• John E. Turey, CPP, Senior Director, Enterprise Risk Management & Global Security, TE Connectivity, Berwyn, Pa.
ASIS Board members serve a three-year term. The newly elected Board will assume their positions on Jan.1, 2014.