Violence-Prevention Summit at Virginia Tech Tackles Bullying, Gender-Based Violence
- Felton Earls of Harvard Medical School, a professor of psychiatry and expert on the consequences of children's exposure to urban violence;
- Linda Langford of the U.S. Department of Education, an expert on suicide prevention and violence prevention at colleges and universities;
- Col. John Metz, a 1982 Virginia Tech distinguished military graduate and counterterrorism expert whose leadership roles in the U.S. Army include Operation Just Cause in Panama and Operation Iraqi Freedom;
- John Monahan of the University of Virginia, an expert in psychology, psychiatry, and law who is a published author on risk assessment and predicting violent behavior; and
- Adrian Raine of the University of Pennsylvania, an expert on antisocial and violent behavior and a researcher in neuropsychology.