Crisis Management at the Speed of Internet
What would you do if you discovered that one of your sales staff had been making disparaging remarks about your company on Facebook or Twitter?
• Access and bring to bear resources related to various parts of the company, specifically based on familiarity with corporate and information technology (IT) interests.
• Marshal outside resources and contacts – such as investigators, law enforcement, profilers and technicians – to help with a response.
• Tap into knowledge based on existing areas of responsibility related to protecting the brand, including planning for and responding to natural disasters.
• Work in cross-functional teams, a capability previously demonstrated in cases of workplace violence, counterfeit products, major investigations and executive protection.
• Anticipate the need for any response to involve civil litigation, investigations, documentation, etc.