- Will my total cost of ownership be higher or lower with IP video (versus analog cameras)?
- Can I use my existing corporate network for IP video?
- Can I reduce the number of required cameras (and cost) by using megapixel cameras?
- Will the system be interoperable with multiple camera vendors?
- How can I add storage to the video system in the future?
- How will the video management system be integrated with my legacy access control system?
- Can I use a single video management system for both my existing analog cameras and additional IP cameras?
- Do I need to replace my legacy matrix switch when I migrate to IP video?
- I can’t afford down-time. Is the system fault tolerant?
- My security system has many constituents and users: police, security, management etc. How do I manage access to the system?
10 Questions for Your Security Consultant
April 1, 2009