Exclusive Preview of Hot Tech from ISC – Zalud’s Blog got a preview of a security video system that does everything but the dinner dishes. VideoIQ has the world’s first high performance day/night network camera with content aware storage, intelligent networking, analytic detection, and object search built right into the camera. The VideoIQ iCVR (intelligent surveillance camera with video recording) is the first release in VideoIQ’s family of intelligent IP video products to be delivered in 2008. Building advanced video analytics, content aware storage and intelligent networking into high quality security cameras and encoders revolutionizes how IP video surveillance works. VideoIQ has solved the bandwidth and storage challenges of traditional network cameras, while turning video into a powerful security solution for both incident detection and investigation. It sets a new benchmark for scalability, fault tolerance, ease of use and total cost of ownership in network video surveillance.
“Video analytics and IP cameras are experiencing unprecedented growth, yet issues surrounding significant storage and bandwidth requirements stand in the way of these technologies living up to their potential,” said Scott Schnell, president and CEO of VideoIQ. “In response, we are delivering complete, intelligent surveillance systems in cameras and encoders – that detect and warn of threats, store video based on what they see, communicate on the network only when needed, and enable content-based video search. What’s more, we are doing it a price that’s about the same as the ordinary cameras and storage that they are designed to replace. These products represent a value and capability breakthrough in the surveillance industry.”
“This is the most significant camera improvement in 25 years,” said Alex Kloubek, senior security engineer at Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG), a Fortune 500 company. “VideoIQ’s storage capability, intelligent video analytics, coupled with its built-in flexibilities, makes it ideal for a wide selection of applications in the most challenging environments.”
Unlike conventional systems in which analytics are an add-on, VideoIQ’s advanced analytics are a part of the core platform. Networking, storage, alarms and search have been designed as a complete system using the over 100 million hours of analytic protection delivered by VideoIQ products to date.
VideoIQ is delivering unprecedented capabilities and benefits to customers, including:
· State of the art ultra wide dynamic range day/night detection – VideoIQ’s new cameras include the latest ultra wide dynamic range sensors with day/night capability, full D1 output, and are tri-powered – POE, 24VAC, 12VDC – making them ideal for the most challenging indoor and outdoor locations.
· No separate NVRs or DVRs to buy, configure or maintain – With up to 160 GB of storage in every camera, VideoIQ offers the simplest, most scalable network surveillance system available, whether installing one camera or thousands.
· Network friendly – VideoIQ delivers cameras and encoders that require no bandwidth except during critical events, because they record everything internally. This instantly solves the bandwidth problem of IP cameras and encoders. Alarms are sent to operators as short, bandwidth-friendly video clips. Streaming may then be operator initiated on a camera by camera basis.
· Intelligent recording quality - VideoIQ’s content-aware storage captures critical events at the highest frame rate, resolution and quality, while recording everything else at the usual lower quality settings used in DVRs. Since the camera knows what video is important, customers never need to sacrifice quality.
· Advanced compression – VideoIQ cameras and encoders feature H.264 dual streaming capability at up to D1/30fps. A pure analog output is also standard for local test or other legacy needs.
· Never lose video – VideoIQ systems never lose video recording – even during extended network downtime – since everything is stored on the camera. Moreover, critical events can be instantly archived to remote network attached storage for redundancy and data protection.
· The first truly plug-and-play analytics with automatic learning – Absolutely no calibration time is needed. Once plugged in, VideoIQ’s advanced intelligence automatically calibrates. It is as easy to set up and use as video motion detection. And its self-learning technology gets smarter about its environment with each object detected.
· The only system with “Click & Search” – VideoIQ’s powerful object search capability lets customers search for the person or vehicle they are seeking by simply clicking on their image. VideoIQ automatically searches across terabytes of video from any of the VideoIQ cameras and encoders on the network, and delivers results in seconds.
· High reliability and low cost of ownership – With its patent pending, 4X lifespan extension hard drive technology, and redundant internal recording of critical video events in both solid state memory and the hard drive, the VideoIQ iCVR is the most reliable and cost-effective IP video system to install, maintain and service.
· Easy integration – VideoIQ products are designed to work with and extend customers’ existing surveillance systems. VideoIQ encoders work with virtually any analog camera installed at a site – normal, day/night, and thermal – all with no configuration changes. VideoIQ cameras and encoders are standards-based and feature open APIs – enabling easy integration with third-party video management software and central archive storage systems.
“We have been waiting for analytics to become capable and inexpensive enough so that they can be applied broadly - VideoIQ seems to have figured out how to solve this problem,” said Bonnie Michelman, director of police, security and outside services at Massachusetts General Hospital.
To learn more, visit www.videoiq.net.