The National Association of Security Companies (NASCO) tells Zalud’s Blog that it appointed David Buckman, executive vice president and general counsel, AlliedBarton Security Services, to complete the remaining year of a vacant At-Large Board position.
As General Counsel, Buckman is responsible for the legal affairs of the company, including its regulatory compliance and risk management functions and supervises AlliedBarton's human resources functions, including recruitment and training. The NASCO Board serves two year terms with the next election scheduled for fall 2008. The current Board includes:
· Chair - Martin Herman, President, Special Response Corporation
· Vice Chair - Heather O'Brien, Executive Vice President, Security Forces
· 2nd Vice Chair - Jim McNulty, Executive Vice President, Securitas Security Services, USA
· 3rd Vice Chair - Stephen Kasloff, Vice President, Guardsmark
· Treasurer - Lynn Oliver, President, American Security Programs
· Secretary - Robert Kilbride, Vice President and Associate General Counsel, The Wackenhut Corporation
· Member-at-Large - Dennis Roberts, Chief Operating Officer (COO), SecTek
Each elected officer serves a two year term beginning at the conclusion of NASCO's October General Membership meeting except the Treasurer whose term ends December 31st of the same year. The Board also includes Past Chair, Rick Massimei, Special Consultant, U.S. Security Associates, which is a non-elected position.