October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM), which is a collaborative effort between the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) and its public and private partners — including the National Cyber Security Alliance — to ensure every American has the resources they need to stay safe and secure online. This year’s theme, “Do your Part. #BeCyberSmart.,” encourages individuals and organizations to take proactive steps to enhance cybersecurity and protect their part of cyberspace.
CISA encourages individuals and organizations to review the NCSAM 2020 page for ways to participate in and promote NCSAM.
NCSAM emphasizes “If You Connect It, Protect It.” Throughout October, CISA and NCSA will focus on the following areas in our promotions and outreach:
- October 1 and 2: Official NCSAM Kick-off
- Week of October 5 (Week 1): If You Connect It, Protect It
- Week of October 12 (Week 2): Securing Devices at Home and Work
- Week of October 19 (Week 3): Securing Internet-Connected Devices in Healthcare
- Week of October 26 (Week 4): The Future of Connected Devices
Use NCSAM’s hashtag #BeCyberSmart before and during October to promote your involvement in raising cybersecurity awareness.