Dr. Hymel said that Disney will take the following measures to help reduce risk in its parks and resorts.
- Limited and carefully managed attendance: All guests will be required to make advanced ticket purchases and reservations.
- Reduced capacity and physical distancing, including physical barriers installed in areas where physical distancing may be difficult to maintain, like cash registers.
- Temperature checks
- Face coverings will be required by cast members and guests ages two and older
- Handwashing and hand sanitizer stations
- Increased cleaning & disinfecting
Dr. Hymel also said that cast members are receiving additional training on both new measures and the continued importance of personal health and hygiene, such as handwashing and staying home when ill. The park has also increased the frequency of cleaning in work areas, adjusted work practices to promote physical distancing and introduced new protocols for temperature checks and face coverings.