Surveyors are Mostly Confident in Their Enterprise's Cybersecurity Practices
Nearly a quarter of surveyors have been affected by a cyber threat in the past 12 months and more than 10 percent have been affected more than once, according to the 2018 Data Health Check report.
Key findings include:
- 38 percent have reviewed their security policies in the past 12 months and made changes, while 30 percent reviewed them but did not make changes. 20 percent of them did not review them and 12 percent of surveyors are not aware if their enterprise reviewed their security policies.
- 56 percent feel confident in their enterprise's cybersecurity skills; 30 percent are not confident, but feel they will improve; 14 percent don't feel confident and do not think their enterprise will try to improve cyber skills.
- 14 percent have concerns about what the Internet of Things (IoT) will mean for information security; 43 percent are "somewhat concerned"; 32 percent are not concerned; 11 percent "don't know".
- 56 percent of surveyors are "completely confident" in cloud based services to keep data secure and available; 37 percent have "some concerns" and 7 percent have major concerns.
- 38 percent of surveyors are "completely confident" in their Disaster Recovery plans; 52 percent of are "fairly confident"; 12 percent have some concerns; and six percent are not "confident at all".