What information do you need to decrease the chance of an active shooter/active killer event from occurring? What knowledge do you need to help minimize the damage and loss of life should an active shooter/active killer event occur?
Security professional and presenter Tom M. Conley has personally responded to more than 300 such incidences and managed more than 700 more over the past 35 years. Conley is president & C.E.O. of The Conley Group, Inc. headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa. The Conley Group provides distinctly superior security services, security patrol services, and alarm response service to their clients.
In a webinar, Conley presented rich and rich and exclusive content that has been gained as a result of lessons learned from actual responses to threats of violence and acts of violence.
The webinar, which was held as a Q&A format, answered the following questions that were submitted from webinar participants, including:
- What is your opinion on having armed versus unarmed security guards or hiring off-duty police?
- What do you think are the main barriers that are preventing companies from getting quality security in place so their company employees can be protected from an active shooter and other threats?
- What do so many active shooters seem to be so successful?
- Why do you think company executives do not seek advice from their security directors more often?
- What do you think are the pros and cons of teachers and school staff members carrying guns while in the classroom?
- I am the security director at a not-for-profit organization. Our executive director insists on having “No Weapons” signs posted on all our exterior doors. I do not like them and think they make us all less safe. What do you think?
- How can companies get by with contracting for low-level guards in this day and age of increased threats?
- If an active shooter situation occurs in my workplace, and I am unharmed, but some of my co-workers have been injured or killed, what do you recommend I should do after the incident is over?
- What topics should be covered when meeting with local law enforcement to establish an active shooter plan and the various coordination points?
Click here to view the webinar on demand for the answers to those questions and more.