Representatives from the DHS Centers of Excellence and DHS’ six divisions presented and discussed an exciting array of new programs focusing on a comprehensive approach to preparedness for threats; from farm animals to terror and natural disasters.
1. Prevention of terrorism
2. Protection/prevention of our borders
3. Management and prevention of illegal immigration
4. Prevention of cyber crime and cyber terror
5. Resilience and response to events and disasters
6. Strengthen the homeland security enterprise
DHS’ Vision Statement: “for a homeland that is safe, secure and resilient against terrorism and other hazards where America’s interests and aspirations and way of life can thrive” drives activities to reach the goal of a resilient country in every aspect. Intelligent resilience is the application of innovative technologies to create solutions that protect critical infrastructure and prevent events.