Unisys Security Index Reveals Global Consumer Confidence in Security of Mobile Devices
- U.S. citizens reported the highest confidence overall in using mobile devices, with 83% of mobile device users reporting they would feel safe using them for one of three business applications: airline boarding passes; as payments in stores for low-cost items; or to access online banking.
- Brazil citizens reported the lowest confidence, with 47 percent of device users reporting they would feel safe using them for one of those applications.
- Of all countries surveyed, device users in the UK were the most accepting of using their mobile devices to access personal and work related programs and applications. For example, almost half (49 percent) said they would feel safe using mobile devices as airline boarding passes, and 44 percent reported they would feel secure using them for store purchases.
- Access to online banking ranked as Germany’s top mobile concern with only nine percent of device users reporting that they would feel safe using their mobile devices for this application.
- One-quarter of device users in the Netherlands and just under one-third from Belgium (31 percent) said they would feel safe using their mobile device to purchase theater, sports or cinema tickets.