Report Says Business Leaders Underestimate Risk of Advanced Cyber Threats
- 46 percent took one month or longer to detect an advanced threat 45 percent discovered the attackers "by accident"
- 47 percent rely on either ad hoc activities or manual analysis to detect advanced threats
- 81 percent felt that their leadership lacked awareness of the seriousness of the business risks associated with advanced threats
- Only 24 percent agreed that prevention or quick detection of advanced threats is a top security priority in their organization
- Only 32 percent reported that their security-enabling technologies are adequate
- Only 26 percent reported security personnel are adequate to deal with advanced threats.