The experience and habits of IT departments when it comes to ransomware and data recovery were analyzed in a recent report by Arcserve.
The findings reveal several weaknesses that can hamper government departments' fight against ransomware and their ability to recover data.
Key findings include:
- 36% of government IT departments do not have a documented disaster recovery plan.
- 38% of government IT departments have a comprehensive business continuity plan that includes recovery, interim solutions and communication.
- 24% of remote government workers are not equipped with backup and recovery solutions.
- 45% of government IT departments mistakenly believe it is not their responsibility to recover data and applications in public clouds.
- 33% of government organizations require over a day to recover from severe data loss, despite 82% reporting that less than one day is an acceptable level of downtime for critical systems.
- 34% are very confident in their IT team's ability to recover all lost data in the event of a ransomware attack.