The Cloud Security Alliance has recently released an expanded Top 10 Big Data Challenges report, including three new issues: Modeling (formalizing a threat model that covers most of the cyber-attack or data-leakage scenarios), Analysis (finding tractable solutions based on the threat model) and Implementation (implanting the solution in existing infrastructure).
The top 10 challenges include:
- Secure computations in distributed programming frameworks
- Security best practices for non-relational data sources
- Secure data storage and transactions logs
- End-point input validation/filtering
- Real-time security/compliance monitoring
- Scalable and composable privacy-preserving data mining and analytics
- Cryptographically enforced access control and secure communication
- Granular access control
- Granular audits
- Data provenance
You can read more from the study here, and feel free to leave your comments – including best practices, key take-aways and lessons learned – in the space below.