- Arenas/Stadiums/Leagues /Entertainment
- Construction, Real Estate, Property Management
- Critical Infrastructure: Electric, Gas, Water
- Education: K-12
- Education: University
- Government: Federal, State and Local
- Hospitality & Casinos
- Hospitals & Medical Centers
- Ports: Sea, Land & Air
- Retail/Restaurants/Convenience Stores
- Transportation/Supply Chain/Warehousing
Los Angeles City Council members backed the creation of a city identification card that could be used by illegal immigrants to open bank accounts, borrow library books and pay utility bills.
The cards could be used by illegal immigrants to open bank accounts, borrow library books and pay utility bills. There would also be a separate debit card feature that users could pre-load with cash.
Councilman Richard Alarcon said that an ID card that would allow as many as 400,000 residents who now live in a cash economy to access banking services and learn the intricacies of finance is beneficial to everyone, not just undocumented immigrants, who are expected to be the main benefactors.