The Most Influential People in Security 2016
Impacting enterprises, communities and nations, these 19 leaders are making a difference in the security industry.
Every year, Security magazine is pleased to honor top security executives and leaders who positively impact the security industry, their organization, their colleagues and peers, as well as the national and global security landscape. They have been nominated by their colleagues and associates, and were chosen based upon their leadership qualities and the overall positive impact that their security projects, programs or departments have had upon their shareholders, organizations, colleagues and the general public.
This year’s Most Influential is organized by four categories: Corporate Security Executives, Government, University/Think Tanks, and Cybersecurity. We also have four Special Recognition recipients.
Congratulations to the Class of 2016 Most Influential People in Security!
- William Evanina, National Counterintelligence Executive (NCIX) and Director, National Counterintelligence and Security Center (NCSC)
- Sheriff Sandra Hutchens, Sheriff-Coroner Orange County, California, and President, Major County Sheriffs Association
- James Weston, Chief, Research and Information Support Center, Overseas Security Advisory Council (OSAC) at the U.S. Department of State
- Kirstjen Nielsen, Chair of Global Agenda Council on Risk and Resilience at the World Economic Forum and Senior Fellow, Center for Cyber and Homeland Security at George Washington University
- Juan Zarate, Chairman, Center on Sanctions & Illicit Finance; Chairman, Financial Integrity Network
- Gregory Touhill, Federal Chief Information Security Officer
- Larry Wilson, Chief Information Security Officer, University of Massachusetts
- Antonio Gaona, Head of Global Security, CEMEX
- Florian Haacke, Chief Security Officer, RWE AG
- Steven Harrold, Division Vice President, Global Security, Corning Incorporated
- Kirsten Meskill, Director, Global Security, BASF
- Chris Rackow, Senior Vice President/Chief Resilience Officer, AECOM
- Ken Senser, Senior Vice President, Global Security, Aviation & Travel, Walmart Stores, Inc.
- Jeff Young, Executive Director, Integrated Protection Services, Fraser Health
- Richard Fenton, Vice President for Corporate Security, Safety & Investigations, Ilitch Holdings
- David Burrill, Chief Executive Officer, Burrill Green
- Alfred Grasso, President and Chief Executive Officer, The MITRE Corporation
- General Michael Hayden (ret.), Principal, The Chertoff Group, Former Director of NSA and Former Director of CIA
- Timothy Murphy, President, Thomson Reuters Special Services, LLC
To read more about these industry leaders, visit our Most Influential 2016 Photo Gallery.
For a listing of past Most Influential People in Security honorees, please visit www.SecurityMagazine.com/MostInfluential.