- Arenas/Stadiums/Leagues /Entertainment
- Construction, Real Estate, Property Management
- Critical Infrastructure: Electric, Gas, Water
- Education: K-12
- Education: University
- Government: Federal, State and Local
- Hospitality & Casinos
- Hospitals & Medical Centers
- Ports: Sea, Land & Air
- Retail/Restaurants/Convenience Stores
- Transportation/Supply Chain/Warehousing
This coming school year every middle school and high school in Atlanta, will have an Atlanta Police Department officer patrolling its campus.
Deputy Superintendent Larry Hoskins told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution the police will build relationships with students and work to identify discipline problems before they become criminal matters.
Sgt. Gregory Lyon said the permanent officers will be like police working a beat, except their beat will be a school instead of a neighborhood.
The 55 officers will be distributed among 30 schools, and the officers will be required to go through training on how to work with students.