- Arenas/Stadiums/Leagues /Entertainment
- Construction, Real Estate, Property Management
- Critical Infrastructure: Electric, Gas, Water
- Education: K-12
- Education: University
- Government: Federal, State and Local
- Hospitality & Casinos
- Hospitals & Medical Centers
- Ports: Sea, Land & Air
- Retail/Restaurants/Convenience Stores
- Transportation/Supply Chain/Warehousing
Items Tagged with 'healthcare industry'
20,515 crimes within healthcare facilities were reported in 2012, which is a 5,524-crime increase over 2010.
94 percent of healthcare organizations surveyed have suffered at least one data breach in the last year, according to the Ponemon report.
Although many doctors communicate via unsecured text messages, many hospitals are not actively addressing ongoing IT security concerns.
Overall crime at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania decreased 21 percent during 2012, and there was a 13 percent decrease in crime at Penn Presbyterian Medical center since 2011.
Available On-Demand The value of the security program is not always understood or realized at the top levels of the hospital, translating to denied capital requests, budget challenges and difficulty winning time to train associates. The good news: Security plays an important role in healthcare and has a great story to tell.Read More