- Arenas/Stadiums/Leagues /Entertainment
- Construction, Real Estate, Property Management
- Critical Infrastructure: Electric, Gas, Water
- Education: K-12
- Education: University
- Government: Federal, State and Local
- Hospitality & Casinos
- Hospitals & Medical Centers
- Ports: Sea, Land & Air
- Retail/Restaurants/Convenience Stores
- Transportation/Supply Chain/Warehousing
Articles by Jon Warner PhD
There are a wide range of available metrics, meaningful standards, licenses and certifications, rigor, ongoing debates and controversies, critical thinking and creativity. Snake oil, product hype, misleading claims and charlatanism, while unavoidably present, tend to get weeded out fairly reliably. Committees, groupthink and linear/concrete thinkers don’t dominate the field.
Security guru Bruce Schneier coined the term “Security Theater” to describe phony security measures, procedures, or technologies that give the superficial appearance of providing security without actually countering malicious adversaries to any significant degree.