- Arenas/Stadiums/Leagues /Entertainment
- Construction, Real Estate, Property Management
- Critical Infrastructure: Electric, Gas, Water
- Education: K-12
- Education: University
- Government: Federal, State and Local
- Hospitality & Casinos
- Hospitals & Medical Centers
- Ports: Sea, Land & Air
- Retail/Restaurants/Convenience Stores
- Transportation/Supply Chain/Warehousing
Sally Beauty is reporting that a security break discovered on March 5 affected fewer than 25,000 credit and debit card accounts, according to USA Today. The Denton, Texas-based seller of beauty supplies says it is pursuing its investigation with a forensics firm and the U.S. Secret Service.
“We take this criminal activity very seriously. We continue to work diligently with Verizon on this investigation and are taking necessary actions and precautions to mitigate and remediate the issues caused by this security incident. In addition, we are working with the United States Secret Service on their preliminary investigation into this matter,” Sally Beauty said in a statement.
The company currently owns and operates more than 2,800 Sally Beauty Supply stores worldwide, including stores in every state in the U.S., as well as in Puerto Rico and Canada.