- Arenas/Stadiums/Leagues /Entertainment
- Construction, Real Estate, Property Management
- Critical Infrastructure: Electric, Gas, Water
- Education: K-12
- Education: University
- Government: Federal, State and Local
- Hospitality & Casinos
- Hospitals & Medical Centers
- Ports: Sea, Land & Air
- Retail/Restaurants/Convenience Stores
- Transportation/Supply Chain/Warehousing
Michigan schools would have to be more transparent about how they conduct emergency safety drills under a bill approved in the state House.
House Bill 4713 would require schools to post on their websites when and how they do things like fire, tornado, and lock-down drills. The legislation would also require that drills be spread out through the school year.
It’s a response to a report this year by MLive Media Group, which found many schools are not conducting the safety drills properly.
The measure got overwhelming bipartisan support in the House and now goes to the state Senate.