- Arenas/Stadiums/Leagues /Entertainment
- Construction, Real Estate, Property Management
- Critical Infrastructure: Electric, Gas, Water
- Education: K-12
- Education: University
- Government: Federal, State and Local
- Hospitality & Casinos
- Hospitals & Medical Centers
- Ports: Sea, Land & Air
- Retail/Restaurants/Convenience Stores
- Transportation/Supply Chain/Warehousing
The Port Authority’s Chief Security Officer Joseph Dunne announced today the appointment of Inspector Louis Koumoutsos as Chief of Department of the nearly 1,600-member Port Authority Police Department.
According to The Hellenic News of America, Dunne called the move an example of the agency’s ongoing commitment to appoint individuals of the highest caliber and integrity to help lead the agency’s Police Department.
The article continues, “As a 20-year veteran of the PAPD, newly appointed Chief Koumoutsos rose through the ranks based on his exemplary performance at all Port Authority commands, including PATH, Newark and JFK airports, and the agency’s Office of Emergency Management. Most recently, as the top ranking officer of the PATH Command, he directed his team in heroic rescues during Superstorm Sandy, including the rescue of 28 people in Jersey City from an apartment building that had filled with lethal amounts of carbon monoxide.”