- Arenas/Stadiums/Leagues /Entertainment
- Construction, Real Estate, Property Management
- Critical Infrastructure: Electric, Gas, Water
- Education: K-12
- Education: University
- Government: Federal, State and Local
- Hospitality & Casinos
- Hospitals & Medical Centers
- Ports: Sea, Land & Air
- Retail/Restaurants/Convenience Stores
- Transportation/Supply Chain/Warehousing
Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn is launching a statewide competition to identify and train Illinois residents for jobs in cyber security.
The Illinois Cyber Challenge is free and open to anyone, but the governor says it will specifically target veterans, many of whom already have training in the field.
The top finishers in the competition will be eligible for additional training and residencies in the cyber security field.
Quinn says there is a huge demand for trained professionals to counter cyber security threats in both the public and private sector.