- THE MAGAZINE
- VERTICAL SECTORS
- Critical Infrastructure
- Stadiums/Arenas/Large Public Venues
- Supply Chain/Distributing and Warehousing
- Retail, Convenience Stores, Banks, Gas Stations
- Ports, Terminals and Transportation
- Construction, Real Estate, Property Management
- Healthcare/Hospitals/Pharma/ Medical Centers
- Government Data Center Security
- Casino Security
- Government (Federal, State and Local)
ASIS International announced in a press release that Robert M. Gates, the 22nd U.S. Secretary of Defense (2006-2011) will be presenting at the ASIS International 58th Annual Seminar & Exhibits (ASIS 2012) in Philadelphia.
Gates will deliver his keynote about global affairs and the challenges of the 21st Century on Wednesday, September 12, at 8:00 a.m. at the Philadelphia Convention Center. ASIS and (ISC)2 Security Congress attendees are welcomed to attend the speech. The press release noted that Gates is the only Secretary of Defense in U.S. history to be asked to remain in office by a newly elected president.
“Having served eight U.S. presidents in the course of his vast and distinguished career, Secretary Gates offers unparalleled personal insights into U.S. intelligence and defense strategies,” said Eduard J. Emde, CPP, president, ASIS, in the press release. “His perspectives on global politics and world affairs are particularly relevant to our members and security professionals at large.”