- Arenas/Stadiums/Leagues /Entertainment
- Construction, Real Estate, Property Management
- Critical Infrastructure: Electric, Gas, Water
- Education: K-12
- Education: University
- Government: Federal, State and Local
- Hospitality & Casinos
- Hospitals & Medical Centers
- Ports: Sea, Land & Air
- Retail/Restaurants/Convenience Stores
- Transportation/Supply Chain/Warehousing
The TSA said it will allow Montana's state-owned airport to hire a private company to conduct the TSA screening.
Locally hired screeners cost half as much as flown-in screeners, because the government doesn't have to pay for travel, per diem and housing, according to a 2008 report by the Department of Homeland Security's Office of Inspector General.
That came to $219 a day, versus $511 per day, in 2005, the year cited in the report.
The TSA said it soon will request bids to operate West Yellowstone airport's security. The change "could allow the agency to reassign federal resources to other airports, which would be advantageous to the comprehensive security network," a spokesman said.