IP Makes Smart Intercom Talk
Migrating to IP
How to Buy an IP Intercom Solution
- Specify an IP intercom and paging system that incorporates true IP edge devices.
- Ensure that your IP intercom solution works on your LAN, whether VoIP-enabled or not.
- Choose a communication system that incorporates a built-in digital audio recorder.
- Select a system with operational redundancy. Check for fault detection, prevention and reliability features that allow your intercoms to transfer automatically to the next available server if the primary server is unavailable.
- Develop project requirements that include a plan for future growth/expansion that minimizes hardware purchases.
- Buy products that offer a software development kit (SDK) to allow integration with the rest of your building controls.
Information by Chris Coffin of Digital Acoustics